Friday, October 4, 2013

My only regret is I’ve not got to where I want to be – Ijeoma Imoh


*Ijeoma

Ijeoma Imoh has been in Nollywood for almost a decade; and if she would not be quick to tell you she has made a name for herself, it is only because she is being modest because the records are there to see and they speak well in her favour. Few weeks ago, she added another year and instead of wallowing in celebratory bliss with just friends, the Abia State-born actress showed her ‘heart of gold’ by visiting Heart of Gold Hospice in Surulere, Lagos to celebrate with the underprivileged before painting the town red with her select friends. It was at Ojez Restaurant our reporter caught up with her. Enjoy the chat:

When did you start acting professionally?

I started acting in 2004.What actually made me go into acting?I was in school then and there was a strike, I was jobless. I’m not really an office person, so I needed somewhere I could showcase my talents. I started out as a model actually, then later started acting. I love expressing myself and acting gives you that opportunity, the platform to do that. And I love glamour itself.

Can you say you’ve found fulfilment in acting?

More than fulfilments (Laughs). I love it, that’s why I’m still there. I probably might not be at the top yet, but the love I have for it is enough for me and that’s why I’m still there, still striving. It’s not magic, things don’t just happen. For some people, it happens easily, but whichever way, it is okay. For me, I believe it’s one step at a time.

What are some of the movies you’ve featured in?

I have done a lot of soap operas, more than 20 movies including Igbo, Yoruba and English. I’ve also done cinema movies. Like I told you earlier, I started as a model and I’ve done some modelling jobs for billboards, TV screen, calendar and plus-size runway.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...