Monday, August 11, 2014

I was born to be a queen— MBGN Universe



Queen Celestine Osem
Background
My name is Queen Celestine Osem. I am the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, Universe 2014. I represented Edo State at the pageant. I am 5 ft 10” and my statistics are 34, 28, and 38. I was born on March 18, 1992. I am from Biase Local Government Area in Cross River State. I studied Mass Communication at Madonna University Okija, Anambra State. I am representing Nigeria at Miss Universe 2014.
Pageants
I have always been in love with pageants because I know I have the looks .The first pageant I participated in was during my service year as a corper. I contested for and won Miss NYSC Osun State in 2012. Same year, I participated in Carnival Calabar Queen and I emerged second runner-up. I was also a part of Miss West Africa International where I went home with the Miss Amity Award. I made up my mind to be one of the contestants at the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria 2014.
Parental support
Initially, my father didn’t want me taking part in these competitions. But now, he is relaxed with the idea. My family supports me.

First runner-up again
When I was announced as first runner-up and Miss Amity, it was a deja vu feeling. Last year, I was first runner-up at Miss Nigeria and Miss Amity at Miss West Africa International. I came to win just like every other girl that took part in the pageant and I don’t feel bad about not winning. Now, I’m representing my country internationally.
Life in camp
I would have to say camp was amazing, the host state, Bayelsa, was warm and welcoming. I learnt a lot from the in-house instructors and organisers on the journey to being a queen. The other contestants were beautiful, talented and a complete representation of Nigeria.
My closest competition
All the ladies were beautiful and graceful. Each one of us had what it takes to be MBGN; so it will be difficult for me to select a particular contestant(s) as my stiffest competition. Besides, it was not a do or die affair. Even if we viewed each other as competitors while in camp, as the day of the competition approached, that ceased because by then, we all had bonded like sisters.
Pet project
I will be giving support to different organisations. I want to be a good ambassador of Nigeria and give the world more than a bird’s eye view of my culture. One can never be too prepared. I am learning by the day and believing in God.
Legacy
One thing I know about legacy is that it’s knowing how you want to live your life and how you will affect the lives of people around you. In the end, I want to make sure that I am successful with the things I choose to do and be a woman to reckon with in the society.
Lifestyle change
I did not change when I became runner-up at Miss Nigeria last year, why should anything change about me now? I am still me and I am not different from who I used to be before I participated in MBGN. I want to remain myself and be the queen I was born to be.
Style
A lady’s style is what she makes of it. My wardrobe has always been a representation of what a lady should look like, one that is classy, sophisticated and luxurious at all times
Relaxation
I love to spend time with family and friends going to the movies, cooking, swimming.
Fitness
To keep fit, I do dance aerobics and I eat healthy. Every morning, I take a glass of water; do a bit of exercise either by way of jogging or taking a walk. I take a shower and then hit the road if I have an appointment to keep. I apply make-up on my face when it is extremely necessary and keep my face bare sometimes for my skin to breathe.
Men
I appreciate respectful comments from men.
Fame
It is great being in the limelight but one must not get carried away by the attention. There is more to life than people giving you the desired recognition. However, what I enjoy most in the limelight are being recognised and meeting great people.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...