Tuesday, July 7, 2015

NutriBullet blender exploded in my face

EXCLUSIVE: Juicer horror leaves mum ‘looking like a monster’Tysha fears she'll be scarred for life

Tysha fears she'll be scarred for life
A MUM suffered horrific burns when a kitchen smoothie blender exploded in her face.

Tysha Stapleton, 24, fears she will be scarred for life after the NutriBullet gadget blast left her “looking like a monster”.
The mum of one suffered second degree burns as scalding juice hit her face, neck, chest and arm.
Trainee fitness instructor Tysha bought the “super food extractor” last week for £100 from High Street TV.
She said it seemed not to be working on its second use so she took the juicer off its motor and tried in vain to unscrew it.
Tysha before being burned
Tysha before being burned

As she turned away she heard a bang. Tysha, who has son Jaheim, six, said: “I screamed as the juice hit me.
“It isn’t supposed to be hot but it must have heated up on its own and exploded.
“The pain was horrific. I could feel my skin burning. I thought I was blind.
Mum of one in hospital after accident
Mum of one in hospital after accident

“I screamed for Jaheim and he helped me into the shower and turned the cold tap on. I could see the skin on my eyelid hanging down. My skin was melting off my face. It was unbearable.
“When I saw my face I was scared of my own reflection. I’m scared I will be like this for life. I look like a monster. I will be left with blotches on my face at the very least.”
Tysha, of Dulwich, South London, had her burns dressed at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
Tysha's kitchen after the blast
Tysha's kitchen after the blast

NutriBullet, whose blender is popular with celebs, said they would not comment until it had been inspected.
It added: “We ensure the very highest quality standards are adhered to.”
NutriBullet blender is the must-have kitchen gadget
NutriBullet blender is the must-have kitchen gadget

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...