Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Aww Orji Kalu Quits FIFA Presidency Race Because Of Challenges Facing Nigeria


Former Governor of Abia State, Orji Kalu, has officially suspended his ambition to run for the FIFA presidency. Mr Orji Kalu, made this known through a press statement signed by his adviser, Kunle Oyewumi on Monday.

According to the statement, Kalu said he has chosen to concentrate on his business even though he was humbled by the wide support his earlier plan to contest enjoyed. It will be recalled that a group had earlier called the former Governor out, saying he should quit and give former foot star, Segun Odegbami a chance, while asking what he knows about football. The press statement below;

“I feel humbled and honoured with the widespread call for me to vie for the position of FIFA president”.
”I sincerely appreciate the show of love and support demonstrated by African countries of endorsements despite my decision not to submit a bid. I particularly remain grateful to FIFA President, Seff Blatter and his team for personally acknowledging my capability to take the world football body to enviable heights.

“However, considering the economic challenges facing Nigeria, I have decided to focus my attention and resources on my business and humanitarian activities. I strongly believe the FIFA presidency is all about service, but I would rather continue my contributions to the economy of the continent by creating employment opportunities and wealth for Africans.


“As a football enthusiast, I remain committed and passionate to the advancement of sports especially Africa,” Mr. Kalu declared.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...