Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Ribadu denies insulting Amaechi, Kwankwaso


Mallam Nuhu Ribadu
The former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crime Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, has denied making any insulting comment against the governors of Rivers and Kano states.
He also said he did not issue any statement that disparages the All Progressives Congress, the party he left for the Peoples Democratic Party.
According to the former EFCC boss, any statement issued that belittled Amaechi and Kwankwaso   did not come from him, claiming that such statement was fabricated.
In a Facebook post on Tuesday, Ribadu said, “I know how difficult it may be for you to come to terms with my defection to another party. But I must assure you that it’s a carefully considered decision for which I do not wish to hurt anyone’s feeling.
“I’ll not embark on a needless animosity with my good friends, irrespective of political, religious, regional and ethnic affiliations.”
The 2011 presidential candidate of the defunct Action Congress of
Nigeria added, “Let me quickly make it known that I did not issue a statement disparaging APC and its members, including Governors Amaechi, Kwankwaso….
“These were clearly fabricated, expected backlash by mischievous characters interested in misleading the public and drawing a picture of non-existent feuds between me and my good friends.”
He said his defection to the ruling PDP would not make him to insult any of his friends in the major opposition party, urging his former APC colleagues to disregard any statement purportedly from him attacking their personalities.
“My defection shouldn’t be seen as an initiation of political antagonism with my good friends in another party. I still hold them in high esteem, and even where there are marked differences, I believe there are decorous and honourable ways of resolving them.
“So, kindly disregard any statement said to be by me attacking the personality of any politician since my defection. I’ll never allow myself to be drawn into such disrespectful exchange,” he urged the governors of Rivers and Kano.
Writing further, Ribadu said his defecting to the PDP was not for a selfish reason, saying he would soon make known his next step as a PDP member, urging his supporters to stay by him.
He said, “As for my next step in this political struggle, this would be made known in due time. For now, I wish to assure you that my defection is in pursuit of a good cause, and never out of any selfish interests as portrayed by a section.
“Thanks for bearing with me on this decision, and for those who have been in solidarity with my struggles and still giving me the benefits of the doubt, I’m most grateful. I’ll never let you down on this new path.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...